CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Faithful Messiah

Yesterday during chapel, one of our peers presented a message that highlighted the question of whether we live our lives as if Jesus is faithful to us.  Do we live as if we have a faithful Messiah?  Do we live as if we know that He will fulfill His promises in our lives?  Do we live as if He has our best interests at heart and will provide safety and security through any storm?

The question of whether I live my life believing and acting as if I have a faithful Messiah really got me thinking...

I haven't. So often people say, "Trust the Lord", "God has a plan and purpose in all of this", "God is in control".  While I accept all of this as truth in my life, I haven't really been acting as if I have this relationship with the most wonderful person who ever walked this earth, God in the flesh.  I have this relationship with Him and He has always and will always take care of me.  He is faithful to me even when I am unfaithful to Him.  He loves me even when I think things are unfair and turn my back on Him...which I have been doing for the past several months.  While I do believe God has taught me a lot in the last few months and I never blatantly turned my back from the Lord, I realize now that I had closed my heart to Him because of the unjust feeling I felt due to Ryder's illness.  No matter how many times I told myself that it's all okay and God has a plan, my heart's door remained locked, steadfast, and cold.  I'd become increasing selfish, thinking of how unfair this illness is for my husband and myself.  And while it might not be fair, did God promise me fairness?  No, He did not.  As I cried out to Him asking, "Why?" last night, He soothed my soul.  I have NO answer as to why everything has happened the way it has.  The whole situation is filled with uncertainty.  But God soothed my soul and melted my heart before His throne, promising me that everything will be okay and He will use this time in our lives to bring glory to His awesome name.  It is not my job to worry about this anymore; it is not my job to dwell on Ryder's illness anymore.  It IS my job to enjoy everyday, be thankful for everyday, and spend time with Jesus everyday.  It IS my job to serve my husband and love him unconditionally, just as Christ does.  It IS my job to take care of my home with joy.  What a great reward it is to have a loving Savior who is faithful to me and reminds me that I don't have to carry burdens upon my shoulders!!!  He gives me peace in uncertain times, fills me with warmth, and makes my life beautiful.

"My soul glorifies the Lord 
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, 
for He has been mindful
of the humble state of His servant." 
-Luke 1:46-48 

1 comments:

Anonymous

So beautifully put. I needed to hear this today. Thank you for sharing, Lindsay!
-Bonnie

Post a Comment