CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 30, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday

My cousin, Bonnie, writes a blog (along with her husband) where she shares some interesting information and the joys of homemaking on Monday.  While I don't get to devote as much time to homemaking as I hope to in the future (because of school and work), I still thought it was a fun idea and something to remind me how thankful I am to have a home, a husband, and someday a family to take care of!




The weather:
It's extremely nice outside for the end of January!  I needed a coat this morning, but was able to walk to class without one this afternoon :)

On my reading pile:
Honestly, school books and the Bible are on my reading list!  I don't, unfortunately, really have time for recreational reading.

On my TV: 
The Next Great Baker

On my menu for this week:
Maple-Chili Glazed Pork Medallions with diced, roasted potatoes and salad

On my to-do list:
School reading, tidying up the house, creating lesson plans for Friday co-op

What I am crocheting, knitting, sewing, or creating:
I'm crocheting Ryder another scarf at his request :)

Looking around the house:
I see school books!!!

From the camera:
We finally took down the banner from our rehearsal dinner and added decor to our living room wall!  I absolutely love it!  The shelves are crate boxes that I bought at Michael's and painted red!  I think it turned out great!

Something fun to share:
Today, I got back my first test from my Primary Reading course!  I made a 55/55 and my professor wrote "Wow!" next to my score :)  Needless to say, I was pleased! haha :)

On my prayer list:
My husband and his continual healing
Two of my cousins and their husbands
Our youth group

Bible verse, devotional:
"Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me".  ---Mark 9:37

2 comments:

Anonymous

I love the decor in your living room! Is that a shadow box on the left? Love it! :)
Good job on your test! That's always a nice encouragement. lol
Joining in your prayers....
-Bonnie

The Walton Wife

Thank you!!! I love it too! And those are just crates that I painted red and placed picture frames in! :)

Post a Comment