CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 6, 2011

We've been married 3 months!!! :)

We've been married three months today and this is my second blog post...obviously, I haven't done a very good job being faithful to my blogging endeavors as the Walton Wife.  BUT we have been fairly busy for the last three months.

School:  Ryder and I have really been enjoying our classes this semester!  I have a few classes, such as General Physical Science, that don't exactly float my boat but that is to be expected.  I absolutely love my education classes though!  I've been able to participate in my practicum at Ralph Downs Elementary School this semester.  I work with first graders and I love it...but I think I might be geared toward younger children, such as Kindergarten or Pre-K.  I just love learning about early childhood development and how to teach children of that age range to the best of my ability.  God definitely placed me where I belong when He placed me in this major! :)

Church:  We've been so blessed by the opportunity to work at First Christian Church of Hinton this semester!  Lord willing, we'll be able to continue working there for many more semesters to come.  The youth group has doubled in size on average; some nights the size is three times bigger than it was when we first began working there!  Relationships are really starting to form within the youth group and we are all becoming really close to one another.  I've been able to teach the young ladies on Wednesday nights because we found it was best to separate the girls and boys for more successful study time.  We've been able to share openly as sisters in Christ and talk about things that strictly pertain to becoming a woman of God.  It has been such a blessing for me and hopefully for them as well!
I, with Ryder as my helper, have also been teaching Children's Church for the older children (3rd, 4th, 5th grade).  I have really enjoyed that!  It seems we have more children each Sunday and we both really feel blessed by that!  We have a lot of fun and we get a little loud, but we leave with hugs each Sunday!  There are some great kids at FCC Hinton :)

Work:  I'm really thankful for being able to work at Gunn Henderson.  It allows a lot of study time!  It's not a hard job, but I really enjoy helping out the freshmen girls and keeping an eye on everything! :)

Home:  We've enjoyed having our own home and I have really enjoyed being able to decorate for the holidays!  Being that we have limited room (and money), I've only really decorated our kitchen table!  For Halloween (thanks to my mother-in-law), we decorated with cute plate holders, pot holders and some cute figurines Mommy sent me last year!  Now, we have Thanksgiving placemats, pinecones, my Indian figurine, and felt leaves on the table.  It's pretty cute for design on a budget! :)  Ryder was extremely impressed with my ingenuity!  And as soon as Thanksgiving is over...CHRISTMAS!!!! :)  I'm excited.

Well, I suppose that is all for now :)  Life is good and we're alive.  Please keep praying that God will shine light on what is going on with Ryder and that he will be healed quickly.

Lots of Love,
Lindsay Elizabeth Walton

0 comments:

Post a Comment